NO SHOWS AND CANCELLATIONS: If you cancel 30 days before the tour before 6:00 pm (Lima time), an administrative charge of 60% will be applied. After this time, there is a 100% cancellation or no-show fee.
- A great (and less strenuous) alternative to the Inca Trail
- Pass by beautiful waterfalls, Inca ruins, and enjoy great mountain views
- Learn about the local culture in villages along the way
- Tour the ruins of Machu Picchu on Day 4
- Get a different view of the fortress of Ollantaytambo
The Cachicata Trek is one of the newest trekking routes on offer in the Cusco region. Based in the area around Ollantaytambo the Cachicata trek takes you past high waterfalls, Inca ruins and beautiful scenery. The Cachicata trek is relatively easy compared to some of the others so it is a great option for less experienced trekkers. Another great thing about the trek is that hardly anyone does it so if you’re looking to get away from the crowds then this is the trek for you!
By booking your Cachicata Trek with Haku Travel you are choosing the best. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
What's Included in Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 night
- Professional guide who is fluent in English
- 8 kg /17 lb luggage allowance to be carried by our horses (you will trek only with your day pack which is way more confortable than carrying a big bag!)
- Private bus to the start of the trail
- Machu Picchu entrance fees
- Two-person tents with plenty of room for your backpacks
- Sleeping mattress
- Meals cooked by an experienced chef: breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks!
- Delicious food rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking
- All our food is prepared from organic vegetables and fresh ingredients
- Vegetarian/special diet options available To check our meal on the trek
- Water (We will provide you with boiled and filtered cold water during the trek after lunch on the first day).
- You will need to bring a container to carry your water in. Also, you need to ensure that you pack a sufficient amount of water for the first half-day of the trek
- Horse ( to carry the tents and cooking equipment)
- Wrangler’s health insurance paid for by Cusco Journeys & Adventure
- First aid kit including an oxygen bottle and an extra horse for you to ride if the altitude has a strong effect on your strength
- Expedition Train From Ollantaytambo to Aguas Clientes
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes double or triple rooms, private bathrooms, hot showers, wifi, and storage while you visit Machu Picchu.
- Round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes Ollantaytambo
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in Cusco
- Breakfast on the first morning. Some hotels offer an early morning breakfast service.
- Bathing suit for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (not included in the price )
- Sleeping bags. (These can be rented in our office for US $20 for the entire trek. Every sleeping bag is washed prior to each use)
- Tips for the guide, cooks, and wranglers
What to Bring to Cachicata Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 night
- Original passport
- For students: ISIC card
- Insurance card/certificate
- Walking stick ( Highly Recomemded )
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- 2-4 t-shirts
- 2 pairs of pants (1 for hiking, 1 for camp)
- Long underwear for sleeping
- Hand sanitizer
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat or cap
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries/ Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Extra money for tips/snacks/beer.