Caminata Ausangate a Montaña Arco Iris 3 Days
Ausangate to Rainbow Mountain 3 Days trek is one of the superior treks in the Andes. We will cross 4 different mountain passes, experience different landscapes, enter the remote Andean culture and observe an unforgettable night sky. Obviously, we will also experience the amazing Rainbow Mountain and Red Mountain valleys, one of the most beautiful and timeless natural landscapes in all of South America and the planet. You will cross 3 mountain passes, walk through hundreds of roaming alpacas and llamas, and hike through beautiful and distinct vistas that change daily from snow-capped peaks to red neon desert mountains to swampy pampas. However, the real reward is once you reach Rainbow Mountain, hidden deep in the Andes. Representing a rainbow, this mountain is quite attractive. Also, you should be prepared for changes in the itinerary and to face unpredictable challenges with an open mind and a sense of traverse, be patient, have an open mind, expect the unpredictable and you are going to have the traverse of your history.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Capulioc (starting point of the trek) and from Villa de Loros to Cusco.
- Entrance fee to Choquequirao and other Inca sites.
- English speaking, experienced professional guide
- Private guided tour in each archaeological complex.
- Comfortable tents for two people in a four-person tent.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (vegetarian meals optional upon request).
- 1 emergency horse that can be ridden if you feel exhausted or unwell.
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent.
- Tent for our staff to sleep in
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including riders.
- Our mules will carry 7 kg of your personal items, such as extra clothing and sleeping bag.
- Boiled water for drinking and washing.
- Entrance fee to the hot springs.
- Sleeping bag
- Day 1: breakfast
- Lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Walking sticks: you can hire them in our company
- Inflatable mattresses
- Tips: Please note that our agency staff is well paid, so feel free to tip or not as you wish.
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to leave Cusco city, then we will have three and a half hours drive to get to Upis village, on the way we will see picturesque villages and stop for a couple of times to enjoy the scenery, once we arrive to Upis (the main trail, 4,350 m / 14,272 ft) we will meet our local muleteers and horses, where we will have our breakfast and get ready to start the great adventure. Gradually walk uphill for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes following the highland valley inhabited by llamas and alpacas with spectacular views of Ausangate as a backdrop to get to the lunch spot located at Pamparapa (4,600 m / 15,092 ft). Today we will have lunch in a very picturesque place still with Ausangate Mt in the background. After eating the delicious lunch, we will continue walking for approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to get the first camp, called Yana Qocha 4,650 m / 15,256 ft, from the lunch place, hike for two hours to get the first pass called Arapa Pass 4,800 m / 15,748 ft, at this point we will be impressed by the impressive views of eroded mountains and valleys of the highlands. Then we will walk downhill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the camp, a place with impressive views of the Ausangate Mountain. All meals included.
We will wake you up at 5 am with coca tea or coffee delivered to your tent and give you a delicious breakfast for the next day. In the morning you will start walking to Puca Cocha. On the way we will observe local farmers and alpacas, Ausangate covered with snow on your left side, and you will have an English speaking guide explaining about the flora, fauna and landscape along the trail. If we are lucky, we may see condors, chinchillas and vicuñas. In addition, we will enjoy colorful lakes that we will hike to the Arapa pass, which is located at 4989 masl (16567 ft) from where we will have an incredible view of colorful mountains. Then hike to our Ananta camp where we will be surrounded by high mountains! As usual, tents will be set up for us to change, take a nap and our lunch and dinner will be prepared by our professional chef.
Today is the day you have been waiting for. We will wake you up at 03:45 a.m.with coca tea delivered to your tent, then we will start with the first uphill to Ananta Pass (15,090ft-4500m-14,000ft) from where, you see this amazing Rainbow Mountain in the distance, but you are not there yet! From this place, you go downhill to go around the lake and continue walking on a Peruvian apartment until you reach the last uphill to Rainbow Mountain, then we have 360 views of the spectacular scenery around you, soak in the views and enjoy the site as much as possible. On our last day, we will ride downhill to the town of Qesuno enjoying more colorful scenery. Today, after our last dinner, we say goodbye to our rider and chef and return to Cusco, where we will drop you off at your hotel around 6pm.