Caminata Ausangate Trek y Montaña Arcoiris 4 Dias
Ausangate Trek 4 days Snow-capped mountains, colorful hills with alpaca llamas and sensational views color this 4-day trek near the foothills of Cusco’s astounding highest peak, including the amazing Rainbow Mountains. Ausangate Trek to Rainbow Mountain, The copiousness of phenomenal treks in the Andes of Peru is well successful. The Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain & Ausangate Trek does not disappoint … This is the incredible Rainbow Mountain recently discovered, officially named Vinicunca. In addition to the scenery, you will see accumulations of alpacas and llamas, as well as the unique indigenous habitat of the Inca vicuña (which has the most expensive wool in the world). However, if you come to Peru, we believe that these mountains enter the bucket list destination category along with Machu Picchu.
- Pre-departure information
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer by private transport to Tinki (starting point of the trek).
- Personal tents: 2 people in each tent with capacity for 4 people, to allow for greater comfort and safe maintenance of backpacks. Our tents are 3-season tents, highly maintained to ensure excellent performance in the field. The Kailas, Pro aconcagua and Rei 4 Outfitter tents are used when double accommodation is required.
- One sleeping pad per person.
- 1 blanket or liner
- One pillow per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent
- Professional and official English-speaking tour guide (2 guides for groups of more than 10 people).
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Pack animals (for carrying tents, food and cooking equipment) - days 1 to 5
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 7 kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) - days 1 to 5
- Lodging for all our staff.
- Meals (04B, 04L, 04D + daily snack + daily tea service except on the last day). Vegetarian or special menus available upon request at no additional cost.
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the use of plastic bags that pollute our environment.
- Filtered boiled water from lunchtime on the first day onwards.
- Biodegradable personal hand soaps
- Biodegradable dishwasher detergents used by our kitchen staff.
- Other: hot water every morning and evening for washing up / boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and evening, and at lunchtime if requested well in advance
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Private transportation from Tinki to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Sleeping bag
- trekking pole
- First aid kit
- One foam sleeping pad per person
- Inflatable mattress
- Last dinner, drinks are not included in the pax.
- Tips and extra money
- Others not mentioned
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:30 a.m. to leave Cusco city, then we will have three and a half hours drive to get to Upis village, on the way we will see picturesque villages and stop for a couple of times to enjoy the scenery, once we arrive to Upis (the main trail, 4,350 m / 14,272 ft) we will meet our local muleteers and horses, where we will have our breakfast and get ready to start the great adventure. Gradually walk uphill for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes following the highland valley inhabited by llamas and alpacas with spectacular views of Ausangate as a backdrop to get to the lunch spot located at Pamparapa (4,600 m / 15,092 ft). Today we will have lunch in a very picturesque place still with Ausangate Mt in the background. After eating the delicious lunch, we will continue walking for approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to get the first camp, called Yana Qocha 4,650 m / 15,256 ft, from the lunch place, hike for two hours to get the first pass called Arapa Pass 4,800 m / 15,748 ft, at this point we will be impressed by the impressive views of eroded mountains and valleys of the highlands. Then we will walk downhill for 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach the camp, a place with impressive views of the Ausangate Mountain. All meals included.
After a big breakfast, we are ready to leave our camp and begin our hike for the day. We will climb to Arapa Pass (4,850 m / 15,908 ft). From this viewpoint we will enjoy the contrast between the dry desert like hills and the impressive snowy views of Mt. Ausangate and Pucacocha. This area also has three beautiful lakes with shades of red, green and turquoise (Pucacocha, Hatun Pucacocha and Qomercocha). Our second camp is near the Ausangate glacier.
Today, you will be awakened with "room service" (a hot cup of coca tea). This will be one of the most beautiful days of the trek. We will see the Rainbow Mountains in the distance. Also, on today's trip, we will pass through Alccatauri Village. This is where we will see the traditional village life. There are no trees in the area, so there is no wood to make houses or build fires. The residents are extremely enterprising and build their adobe houses with mud and make fires with natural fertilizer, also known as manure.
The day begins with a 1.5 hour uphill climb to the Ausangate Pass (4,930 m / 16,170 ft). At this pass, we will see red mountains and also have the opportunity to see vicuñas, chinchillas and alpacas.
After enjoying the pass, we descend for 1.5 hours until we reach Alccatauri Village (4,400 m / 14,435 ft). During our time in the village, in exchange for their generous hospitality, we will give them offerings of coca leaves. This is extremely valuable because this precious Peruvian treasure cannot be grown in this climate.
After this incomparable experience, we will walk 30 minutes uphill to our lunch spot in a rustic lodge.
After a satisfying lunch, we will begin our journey uphill to the second pass. After 1.5 hours, we will follow the Llama trail to Minasniyuq Pass. Here we will have our first views of the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,469 ft). At this pass, we will make offerings to Pacha Mama (Mother Earth).
The remainder of the day's trek is a 1-hour downhill hike to our camp, Surine Cocha (4,800 m / 15,748 ft). The camp is on the shores of the beautiful Surine Lake (pictured above).
On our last day, we will ride downhill to the town of Qesuno enjoying more colorful scenery. Today, after our last dinner, we say goodbye to our rider and chef and return to Cusco, where we will drop you off at your hotel around 6pm.