The Inka Trail to Machu Picchu in 3 Days
Great full day Inka trail with a sunset experience in Machupicchu, The Inca Route is bordered by the Andean mountains, primitive lavish greenery and remarkable environmental ranges. The path undergoes the Machupicchu National forest and enters with Inti Punku “The Sunlight Entrance” with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu. Upon arriving to Machu Picchu, take pleasure in a Sunset leisure time in Machupicchu. Following day get a Sunrise led trip in Machupicchu, with loaded with fresh power and also excellent Mother earth power, appreciate downtime to discover the places such as the Inka Bridge. In the afternoon we can delight in the warm springs of Machupicchu town. Last day climb up the Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Hill. According entrance costs time we can climb up the Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Sacred Hill, Afteroon train back and move to Cusco.
- Transfers In / Out.
- Inca Trail Briefing:One day before “briefing about your trail with our staff at our office”.
- Inca Trail Pick up:Pick up at your hotel by your guide, time will be confirmed at the day of your briefing.
- Inca Trail Transfer:Private transport from your hotel to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Inca Trail Train to beging point:Expedition Touristic Train from Ollantaytambo to 104 kilometer “Chachabamba”
- Inca Trail Entrance fees:Admission Ticket to the Inca trail, it will be send to you at the time of your booking.
- Machupicchu entrance fees:Admission Ticket Machu Picchu Inca City.
- 2th Machupicchu entrance fees:Admission Ticket Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain / Huayna Picchu.
- Adventure Experienced Short Inca Trail Tour Guide:English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. They all grew up in this region and have a true passion to teach others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time along the inca path and will ensure you are safe and happy.
- Tour Guide in Machupicchu Cultural Experienced: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide with tourism certification. For visit the sacred city of Machupicchu.
- Inca Trail meals: 2 Breakfast (hotel), 1 Box lunch + 01 Dinner in a Machupicchu restaurant just on 1st day “please check menu”, vegetarian option is available at no extra cost.
- Inca Trail safe first:First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank also an emergency radio and satellite phone is carried by your guide.
- 2 nightsin a hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Overnight in Machupicchu Village:Each hotel is carefully choosed for having a very local experience “please check options”.
- Water: Inka Trail Expeditions will supply all the water needed only at our office in Cusco “for your 1st day trek”, after you arrive to Machupicchu Village/Aguas
- Inca Trail safe first:First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank also an emergency radio and satellite phone is carried by your guide. Calientes, you will be able to find plenty shops and restaurants. You must supply your own water bottles or camel back. We recommend carrying about 3L worth.
- Bus ticketfrom Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for the 3 days.
- Train expedition tickets back: From Aguas Calientes “Machupicchu village” to Ollantaytambo train station (departure time is confirmed the day of briefing and it´s subject to availability)
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private touristic transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 3)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- Free luggagestore at ITEP Travel.
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day
- Lunch, dinner at the 2th and 3th day at Aguas Calientes.
- 3th day, guided visit to Huayna Picchu, if you think you need one, please let us know.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel Insurance
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits.
- Tips for our staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish “Recommendation usd 6 to usd 8 per day per traveler for all the trek staff”- Once again it is optional and can vary according your satisfaction.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
- Walking sticks (US$15 for a pair of sticks)
- Extra porter for personal items (US$130 for up to 15 Kg)
- Upgrade to Single room in Aguas Calientes (US$35)
- Upgrade to Vistadome train (US$50)
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain (US$75) – There is only a limited space at Wayna Picchu (400 persons per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you to book hotels (standard and luxury) in whole Peru.
Trekking Km 104 “Chachabamba to Inti Punku, the Sun Gate”
Today Our trek takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We'll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes Mountains. Covering 16km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works its way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we'll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full day trekking, we'll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it's a perfect time to take some pictures. After we've passed through the Sun Gate we'll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we'll check in to our hotel.
Waking up early (07:00am) “Time can Vary according your tour guide recommendation” we'll take one of the first buses back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as soon as it opens.
We'll have 2 hours guided tour in the site where you'll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself.
You will also have time to indulge in a few of the following activities on your own if you choose (not included in the price). Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or bathe in the hot springs.
The Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, achieves the objectives of the preservation and dissemination of cultural and archaeological research. Within a modern and dynamic exhibition, the reopening of Site Museum Manuel Chavez Ballón has become the primary means of communication and information for the most important cultural Historical Sanctuary of Perú.
The museum is organized in seven phases, they emphasize the beauty and historical significance of the large collection of artifacts, construction tools (copper and bronze), pins, mirrors, tweezers and needles. Also appearing are the headed ornitomorfa ibis, toucans and oropendolas. The exhibit shows in detail the metallurgical expertise in the Inca city; the spectacular examples of dexterity in stone quarrying, as well as significant objects in various other materials. These displays express to the world, a view of the sustenance of life in Inca Machu Picchu, the strategic administrative center intertwined between the Amazon and the Andes.
Today we´ll start with a breakfast at the hotel before we head back to Machu Picchu. We´ll take a bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. Depending on your entrance time for Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain you can walk around for a while before entering, but they are very strict about the entrance times, so make sure to be on time! You will need to show your entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain and your passport. If you had a student discount when you booked, you will also need to show your ISIC (International Student Identity Card).
It should take about 45 minutes to get to the top and once there you can rest from the strenuous and daunting climb up the mountain as well as enjoying the wonderful view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains and valley. After climbing back down to Machu Picchu you can roam around Machu Picchu again or you can go back to Aguas Calientes right away. You can take a bus down to Aguas Calientes and from there, depending on your train schedule take your Expedition train to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo you will be picked up and driven back to Cusco.
Note: The time table for the trains may change according to the train company´s availability. There will also be changes to your itinerary and price if you decide to change your departure time, or upgrade to the Vistadome Train. If you booked later than most of your group for your Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, you may not be in the same train as the rest of the group.
Please be aware of the following:
1.- “Machupicchu Sacred Mountain is different than the Machupicchu Inca City”.
2.- Huaynapicchu Mountain is in front of Machupicchu Sacred Mountain, Machupicchu Inca City is in the middle of the two mountains “Spaces are limited in both mountains and for Machupicchu inca city”.
3.- Machupicchu Sacred Mountain is higher than Huaynapicchu Mountain.
4.-The climb for these mountains are without tour guides, it means by yourself “the trek duration in each mountain “one way” is 1 hour to 1:30 hours.
5.- The trail is full of signs and park rangers and this day is an exclusive personal day for you”.